Dont forget, VMware is holding their webcast to announce something big today. A majority of us bloggers are pretty sure this is the release of vSphere 5 announcement as well as some deep dives into some of the features. Should be a big and exciting announcement. Here is the itinerary (times are in EST):
- 12:00-12:45 Paul and Steve present – live online streaming
- 1:00-3:00 five tracks of deep dive breakout sessions
- 1:00-3:00 live Q&A with VMware cloud and virtualization experts
More info and a link to register can be found in my previous post HERE.
VMware blasted out a webcast invite yesterday for the “unveiling of the next major step forward in cloud infrastructure.” The event is July 12, 2011, less than two months before VMworld. There’s a lot of speculation as to whats going to be announced, though it appears quite obvious what Paul Martiz and Steve Herrod are going to be showing off. Lets look at the obvious:
- The Event Title: Raising the Bar, Part V – AKA Part 5, like vSphere 5
- The reference to “the next step forward in CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE.” vSphere is constantly branded as the infrastructure to the a cloud based environment.
- The event is less than two months from VMworld 2011, where VMware will be able to have multiple sessions on it, as well as labs.
- The session catalog for VMworld includes some sessions that discuss technologies not currently available on vSphere 4.1 U1.
Raising the Bar, Part V
July 12, 2011
9 a.m. Pacific time
Register for this free online event »Please join VMware executives Paul Maritz, CEO and Steve Herrod, CTO for the unveiling of the next major step forward in cloud infrastructure.Paul and Steve’s 45 minute live webcast will be followed by additional online sessions where you can learn more about the industry’s most trusted virtualization and cloud infrastructure products and services.
Join us and experience how the virtualization journey is helping transform IT and ushering in the era of cloud computing.